Top tasks:

One of the Safer North West Partnership's (SNWP) three priorities is to respond effectively to antisocial behaviour

NWL Partnership in safer communities Logo

We aim to do this by:

  • Working with Police and other agencies to make sure antisocial behaviour is dealt with swiftly and effectively

  • Taking action against individuals persistently behaving in an anti-social manner

  • Providing support, information and advice to the victims and witnesses of anti-social behaviour

What is considered antisocial behaviour (ASB)?

The law states that antisocial behaviour (ASB) is any action that creates harassment, alarm or distress to a person who does not live in the same household. So in simple terms, if you feel harassed, alarmed or distressed by another person’s behaviour or actions, and this person doesn’t live in your home, then it is deemed as antisocial behaviour.

Examples include:

  • Using or threatening to use violence
  • The use of abusive and/or insulting words
  • Damage or the threat of damage to another person's possessions or belongings
  • The playing of loud music at what is accepted as social or unsociable hours
  • Disturbance late at night, visits and noise
  • Graffiti, whether on personal or council owned property
  • Neighbour dispute, arguing and excessive noise
  • Racist behaviour and/or language
  • Nuisance off road motorbikes
  • Nuisance car cruising

Reporting ASB

In an emergency call 999

If it is not an emergency, the following options are available:

Call the Police on telephone number 101.

Report online using the Report tab at the top of the page

If you are a council tenant, call the council housing department on 01530 454545. 

If you own your home or rent from a private landlord or housing association, contact the council's ASB co-coordinator on 01530 454696 or by email

An Anti-social behaviour incident diary (Word Document, 0.19 Mb) will help you keep a record of incidents relating to your complaint and will assist us in handling your complaint.

Last updated: Fri 24 May, 2024 @ 12:29