Alcohol Licensing

To sell alcohol you need to have a Premises Licence or a Temporary Event Notice under the 2003 Licensing Act. A premises also needs to have someone with a Personal Licence to be their Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). Before applying for a licence please read the latest Home Office Latest Licensing Information (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb).

Temporary off sales permissions

The Home Office has confirmed that the regulatory easement made in 2020 in respect of off-sales of alcohol will expire on 30 September 2022. This easement was brought about by Section 11 of the Business and Planning Act 2020 which modified provisions in the Licensing Act 2003 to provide automatic extensions to premises licences that only permitted sales of alcohol for consumption on the premises ("on-sales") to allow sales of alcohol for consumption off the premises ("off-sales"). Due to the absence of Covid restrictions, the Home Office have decided to end this easement. Any premises licence holder who wishes to continue to benefit from the changes that the easements allowed will need to apply for an off-sales licence.

For advice on organising crowded events please read Counter Terrorism Information (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb).

PUBLIC NOTICE - Public Notice - Review of a Premises Licence (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)

Last updated: Wed 10 May, 2023 @ 10:17