Changes in your circumstances can affect your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

If you don't get Pension Credit, you must report any changes which may affect your award.

Types of changes that you need to report:

  • You or your partner stop getting Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance or Jobseekers Allowance
  • You make a claim for Universal Credit
  • You start work, change your job or change your hours
  • You move home
  • Any change to your or your partner’s income, such as wages, state benefits and tax credits
  • Any change to your private or occupational pensions
  • Your savings change
  • You stop getting Child Benefit for any of your children
  • Any of your children leave school
  • Someone comes to live with you
  • Someone who was living with you leaves
  • A change in the income of someone who lives with you
  • Your rent changes and you're not a council tenant
  • You get married, form a civil partnership, start living together or separate
  • You're going to be away from home for 13 weeks or more (or 4 weeks if going abroad)
  • Any other change which might affect your claim.

This is not a full list so if you're not sure if you need to report something, please check with us.

Use our on-line form to report a change.

Share this page:

Last updated: Thu 27 May, 2021 @ 15:16