North West Leicestershire District Council are responsible for the maintenance of play areas providing equipment for toddlers to teenagers, offering slides, swings, climbing frames and lots more. Find your local equipped play area.
- Coalville park play area The play area in Coalville park offers play equipment for all ages in a safe fenced off area. You will also find a very popular and well used skate park and MUGA (Multi use games area) on the park with open grass areas for a kickabout.
- Cropston drive play area there is a fenced off play area for ages up to 14 years and on the opposite side of the road you will find a basketball court, multi play including a skate track and seating
- Kendrick Close play area a fenced play area with some open space including woodland planting
- Ascot Drive play area offering play for toddlers and young children in a fenced area
- Hermitage Lakeside a playground for all age groups with swings, large slide, overhead cableway and with picnic tables all within a fenced off area for families to enjoy an afternoon with views across the lake
- Sharpley Avenue playing fields This large area of open space can be accessed from Sharpley Avenue or along public footpaths from Stephenson's Way or Broomleys Road. Along with woodland and bulb planting there is a small childrens play area with slide, swings and see-saw and a skateboard ramp. An ideal site for dog walking or a picnic.
- Stadium Close open space Three well equipped, fenced play areas for childrens play, all within 5 minutes walk from each other. Stadium Close offers a wide open space and a small fenced off wildlife pond.
- Staples Drive Play Area This play area is located off Waterworks Lane in Greenhill and offers a variety of play equipment in a woodland setting
- St Faiths play area A small play area located at the end of the road with timber equipment
- Sunningdale Road Play area a small local play area within a fenced area includes swings, slide, rounabout and springer
- The Oval play area this play area is located within Bardon. It is fenced from the road with an open grass area, trees amd shrubs with play equipment located centrally including climbing frame springers and swings.
- Coalville Forest Adventure Park Play equipment offering fun but require skill and agility set in a nature park with woodland and the feel of the countryside
The play areas listed below within Hugglescote area are maintained by the district council on behalf of the parish council
Ashburton Road play area The play is within the Ashburton Road Recreation Ground and is fenced off. There is play equipment suitable for use by toddlers to juniors. There is also a wide open grass area for informal play.
Millfield recreation ground Located off Station Road in Hugglescote this site offers free car parking. There is a childrens play area with swings, climbing frame and rockers along with a multi use games area and an open field area for an informal kick about and dog walking.
Burgess Road play area a fenced play area close to houses offering play for younger age groups
Clutsom road play area a fenced play area close to stadium close open space and in walking distance of burgess road play area, this site includes a fenced play area with swings, slide, climbing frames and springer.
The play areas as listed below within the Whitwick area are owned and managed by the parish council
Whitwick park play area Located off North Street, access the main field area and find the local skatepark for Whitwick, includes ramps, grind rails, jump box and quarter pipe. There is also a small fenced off play area for toddlers and a variety of equipment for all ages, including swings, climbing frames, slide, roundabouts and rocking horse.
Hiliary crescent play area a small local area of open space with swings and space for a kickabout
Holly Hayes play area an open play area that includes swings, multi play and springers set in a open space with mature trees
Hermitage road play area a small play area offering equipment for all age groups with plenty of open space for a kickabout
with an open grass area for informal play you will also find a fenced area with play equipment including swings, climbing frame and roundabout
The Elms play area a small area of open space at the end of the close
Melrose Road play hub a recently expanded play hub with equipment in a fenced area for the younger age group, along with a basketball court, seating, multi use play including air rider, rota bounce and spinners.
Western Avenue recreation ground a fenced play area for all age groups includes climbing frames, swings, rockers with a basketball court and shelter with a large field for informal play, a kickabout or picnics
Claremont Drive play area a small area of open space with timber play equipment includes balance beam, chain walk, stepping logs and a bridge
Rural Play Areas
The following listed play areas are maintained on behalf of the Local Parish Councils.
Last updated: Thu 30 September, 2021 @ 11:58