Update on changes in the way the licensing service carry out their duties.
- Vehicle visual inspections – If you have a visual appointment you are asked to contact the licensing team upon arrival at the Council Offices by telephone number 01530 454838 and wait in your vehicle. An officer will visually inspect the vehicle from the outside. The 2m social distancing guidance must be adhered to at all times.
- Should you be submitting any original identification or paperwork as part of any application, this needs to be left in an envelope clearly marked for licensing and posted through one of the designated post boxes at the Council Offices or posted to us – We encourage you to scan/photograph applications where possible and email them to email@example.com Payments can be made by contacting us on 01530 454545.
In response to the continued Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the Department for Transport has developed ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19): safety screens for taxis and PHVs Guidance’ for the safe and appropriate fitting of separating screens between the front and rear of a taxi or private hire vehicle. The guidance has been published and can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-safety-screens-for-taxis-and-phvs/coronavirus-covid-19-safety-screens-for-taxis-and-phvs
Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers has been issued by the government at the following link. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
Please ensure that you read the following document on the site rules of the Vehicle Testing and Depot Site before attending:
- Vehicle testing and depot site rules (PDF Document, 0.25 Mb)
- Vehicle renewal tests – Vehicle renewal testing is being delivered. Please note that due to covid-19 there is limited testing capacity at our depot and therefore we may need to change testing appointments accordingly and sometimes at short notice.
- 6-Monthly vehicle test - Due to limited testing capacity there may be delays to these tests being carried out. We will contact any affected licence holders accordingly.
- Brand new applications – New vehicle applications (first time plating) are being accepted. If you wish to licence a new vehicle, please contact the licensing team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any vehicle that is to be inspected at our Depot must be presented in a clean and valeted condition. Drivers that present vehicles must adhere to the testers instructions. Vehicles that are presented un-valeted will be refused an inspection and may not be permitted any further tests due to the restricted testing capacity. If a vehicle is refused, a charge may be applied.
- We are no longer currently able to offer a DVSA MOT’s for licensed vehicles for the time being. We need to ensure that we maintain our resources for providing renewal inspections.
We may need to cancel or reschedule a vehicle test appointment at short notice. Again if you have an appointment and have/or are showing symptoms of a virus, please contact us to rearrange your appointment as soon as possible. Please do not attend the Depot with any signs or symptoms of a virus as we may need to refuse a vehicle test.
- We will communicate with you how you will receive your licence.
- Medicals – We anticipate there being delays with drivers being able to obtain medicals. Any driver that receives a medical letter from us will be given further time to provide a medical in these instances. Further details will be provided to you should your medical be due.
- New driver applications and knowledge tests – we are currently accepting and processing new Hackney Carriage and Private Hire driver applications, and providing knowledge tests. If you would like to submit a new driver application please contact licensing via email at email@example.com
All Taxi drivers based in North West Leicestershire must be registered with us. This means we can protect the public and support the industry
For further information please select the relevant section above or on the right.
Changes to Hackney Carriage and Private Hire policy and conditions
The Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence Policy and Conditions (PDF Document, 0.69 Mb) and the Private Hire Vehicle Licence Policy and Conditions (PDF Document, 0.68 Mb) have changed.
If you have any queries regarding the conditions, they should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
General information for Taxi Drivers
CCTV Code of Practice
If you would like to install CCTV cameras in your vehicle please read the CCTV Code of Practice (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Taxis and Seatbelts
Taxi drivers should be aware that they may be responsible if any seatbelt offences are committed. The Highway Code details how children should be restrained whilst travelling in a car.
Smoking in Licensed Vehicles
It is an offence to smoke in a licensed hackney carriage or private hire vehicle. This is the case even when the driver is off duty as the vehicle always remains a licensed vehicle and not a privately owned vehicle.
If drivers are found to be smoking in their vehicles they will be issued with a £50 fixed penalty notice.
Last updated: Fri 26 November, 2021 @ 10:41