To collect for a charity in our district you will need a licence from us and must be registered with the Charity Commission.

Wherever possible, two organisations shall not be permitted to collect in the same area on the same day. However some charities have a Home Office Exemption Order and therefore do not need our permission.

For further information please read the documents below:

Our House to House Collection Application Form should be completed if you wish to post envelope sacks through letter boxes and collect items on an agreed date.

The Street Collection Application Form should be completed if you wish to collect money or sell items for charity in any street or public place.

Once you have completed your collection you will need to complete and return the relevant form of accounts to us.

If you suspect your collection is not for the registered charity advertised then please contact us and we will be able to confirm its legality - or check whether the charity has a Home Office Exemption.

Alternatively you can recycle your clothes and shoes by adding them to your recycling collection. Or you can take them to your nearest recycling site - type in your postcode to find out where yours is. 

House to House Collection Application Form (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)

Street Collection Application Form (PDF Document, 0.11 Mb)

Street Collections Return Form - Money (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)

Last updated: Thu 22 February, 2024 @ 09:19