Textile reuse and recycling collections
- Please put textiles in a carrier bag and tie the top to stop any water getting in. Please do not use black bin bags or charity bags as leaglly we cannot take them.
- Please leave textiles next to your red boxes along with the blue bag(s) as the crew who empty the boxes and blue bag will collect the textiles.
What can I recycle?
- Clean clothing, shoes and handbags
- Coats, scarves and gloves
- Clean sheets and linen
- No wet textiles
- No duvets or pillows
Where does it go?
Once we have collected your old clothes we take them to our recycling depot in Coalville. They are then collected by Ward Recycling who take them to their warehouse in Ilkestone where they are pre-sorted.
As much of the clothing is reused as possible. Ward work with local charities to source particular re-wearable items which are given to, for example, the homeless and to women and children escaping violence.
The remaining items are baled and sold to companies in the UK or in Europe, United Emirates and India to be reused by those who need them. Any unwearable items are recycled.
By donating your unwanted clothing items for reuse and recycling, you’re allowing people in the UK and abroad the opportunity to buy items they otherwise may not be able to afford. You’re also…
- Giving clothing a new lease of life
- Supporting the Circular Economy
- Preventing textiles going to landfill sites
- Helping reduce greenhouse gases
- Raising money for local charities
- Conserving energy
Last updated: Fri 31 July, 2020 @ 15:56