The District Council has powers to preserve buildings that make a particularly positive contribution to a conservation area. Where such a building is unoccupied and where works appear urgently necessary to preserve the character of the conservation area, the Secretary of State may direct that the District Council may undertake urgent works to the building.

If you are concerned about the condition of an unoccupied building in a conservation area, please contact the Conservation Officer.

Last updated: Tue 13 March, 2018 @ 15:51