Order your containers today:
Please note in 2013 the Council's refuse and recycling collections policy resulted in a reduction in the size of the standard wheeled bin for refuse from a 240 litre wheeled bin to a smaller 180 litre wheeled bin. Therefore the refuse bin you receive may be smaller than the one you have now.
Please separate your glass bottles from your plastic bottles and cans
- This makes hand sorting each material easier and quicker for the crews
- It also means are crews are quicker on the move to improve traffic
- Many customers already do this and the crew really appreciate the effort
- If you would like to order an extra red box click here.
Please don’t put glass bottles in plastic bags
- For safety reasons, please keep glass bottles in the red box
- The red box hooks onto the vehicle making it safer to hand sort glass
- Plastic bags are not practical and are unsafe for glass collection
- For everyone's safety, the crew do not take glass containers presented in plastic bags.
Please squash and squeeze your plastic bottles and metal cans
- Flattening plastic bottles and metal cans can double the amount of recycling that will fit in your red box and in the recycling vehicle
- This means fewer trips to unload, less mileage, less fuel, and fewer emissions.
Thanks again for your help.
Please note that separate wheeled bins for paper, and wheeled bins for plastics and cans are not available due to operational reasons.
Important note on replacement garden waste bins:
- Since 2013 the Council’s refuse and recycling policy permits a maximum limit of one 240 litre wheeled bin per household for compostable garden waste. Some households have two garden bins which dates back to a time where the Council did permit additional bins. Over time this resulted in significant additional time to collect the garden waste being produced.
- If any additional garden waste bins are reported as lost or damaged (whatever the reason) they will not be replaced. Damaged second bins will be taken away to be recycled.
Last updated: Tue 26 June, 2018 @ 16:11