Are you looking to move home and want to receive £250?
Maybe the family has grown up and moved on, or you need more room... or perhaps you’re affected by the recent housing benefit changes and are having to find extra money each week to pay for your spare bedroom.
Maybe you just want to move closer to family and friends.
We're a member of HomeSwapper, the national home swap service that is free to all North West Leicestershire District Council tenants who are looking to swap.
HomeSwapper is for social tenants (in rented property) who want to swap their home by exchanging tenancies. This is called mutual exchange. If you live in a council house or housing association property you will normally be allowed to swap where:
- Both homes are of a suitable size (The Council will allow you to have one spare room but other landlords may have a different approach)
- Neither of the tenants involved owe any rent
- Both homes are in an acceptable condition and the council will not have to carry out any decoration or repairs
- both tenants have secure or assured tenancies.
You can swap within or outside the district and can even apply to swap with someone living in housing association property, provided the above criteria are met.
Moving through the Home Swapper scheme is often much quicker that waiting for a suitable transfer through the Choice Based Lettings scheme.
You can receive a payment of £250 if you choose to move through the HomeSwapper scheme and a free paint pack to help with decorating.
How does HomeSwapper work?
1) Log onto www.homeswapper.co.uk
2) Completed the online registration form
3) Enter your details and the details of the type and size and property you are looking for
4) HomeSwapper will automatically match you to possible home swaps.
Once you have found a tenant you would like to swap with, you need to contact our Housing Management Team for further advice. You must NOT exchange or swap your home until you've got permission from us.
If you’re interested and want to find out more register now for free!
Last updated: Thu 30 August, 2018 @ 16:58