The North West Leicestershire Local Plan 2011 to 2031 provides the current planning policies for the district.
The Local Plan was adopted in November 2017. The Council then began a partial review of the Local Plan in February 2018.
The North West Leicestershire Local Plan (as amended by the Partial Review) was adopted at Council on 16 March 2021.
Adopted District Wide Policies Map November 2017 (PDF Document, 8.35 Mb)
Adopted Local Plan Inset Maps November 2017 (PDF Document, 24.23 Mb)
Adopted Map Showing Areas Suitable For Small Scale Wind Energy (PDF Document, 6.62 Mb)
Adopted Map Showing Areas Potentially Suitable for Medium/Large Scale Wind Energy (PDF Document, 6.54 Mb)
The Local Plan 2011-2031 was formally adopted at a meeting of Full Council on 21 November 2017.
- Adopted Local Plan 2011-2031 (PDF Document, 1.95 Mb)
- Local Plan 2011-2031 Adoption Statement (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb)
Before it was adopted, the Local Plan went through a number of stages of preparation. It was also subject to sustainability appraisal:
- SA Report December 2016 (PDF Document, 3.27 Mb)
- SA Report Addendum November 2017 (PDF Document, 0.57 Mb)
- SA and SEA Statement October 2017 (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
The Local Plan is underpinned by a wide range of evidence base documents.
Last updated: Thu 12 August, 2021 @ 17:49