Tattooing, micro blading, acupuncture, cosmetic piercing, electrolysis or semi-permanent skin colouring are all regulated by The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 Part VIII. If you’re thinking about offering any of these activities, whether at home or in a business premises, you will need to register with us.
You must complete a Personal Treatment Application form for both the premises and the person.
- Personal Treatment Application Form (PDF Document, 0.14 Mb)
- Personal Treatment Application Form (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
Before completing this form please read and understand the Byelaws associated with these services.
- Acupuncture Byelaws (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
- Ear Piercing and Electrolysis Byelaws (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
- Tattooing Byelaws (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
A one-off registration fee is payable for both the person carrying out the activity and the premises used:
- Registration of the premises: £100.00
- Registration of each individual person: £88.00
Once we have received your application form and the correct fee has been paid, one of our Environmental Health Officers (EHO) will undertake an inspection to ensure the applicant’s procedures and premises are suitable. It is an offence to carry out any of the above activities until the registration has been formally approved by an officer.
The applicant must ensure that the procedures, equipment and facilities used are safe, hygienic, prevent the spread of disease and comply fully with the general duty of care required by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
If you’re concerned about a person or premises working in your area or think someone is operating illegally then please contact us.
Last updated: Fri 28 August, 2020 @ 11:11