The benefits of developing your club are invaluable to its success.
Increasing the number of members, gaining volunteers and securing funding is just the beginning of what we must achieve to keep our clubs alive.
Sports Development Team
Our Sports Development team aims to increase the number of people taking part in sport, improve access to sports clubs and recruit new volunteers - as well as help to secure funding to do more in the future.
To achieve this we need to hear from you about what you need. Email or telephone the team.
Visit the Local Sports Alliance website for more information about sport and physical activity around North West Leicestershire:
Club Matters is Sport England’s one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient, practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club.
Club Matters resources are for you if you;
- run a sports clubs, whether large or small, formal or informal;
- are thinking about setting up a club;
- support, are undertaking or considering the Clubmark accreditation; or
- are active in sports development
What are the benefits?
- will help you attract and retain members;
- provide practical tips & guidance;
- offer tools to help you understand your club and members; and
- will improve and develop your skills
Clubmark is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports Clubs.
It shows that a Club provides the right environment which ensures the welfare of members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport and stay involved throughout their lives.
An accredited Club is recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for participants of all ages as well as helping parents and carers know that they’re choosing the right Club for their young people.
- Ensure the well-being of young people while in the care of adults, other than their legal parent(s)/carer(s)
- Enthuse young people to enjoy sport and active recreation to build a healthy and active lifestyle
- Enable young people to use their leisure time creatively
- Allow young people to optimise their talents and personal ability
- Identify and support the development of the most talented young people
Further information on Clubmark is available from the Clubmark website.
A School Sports Partnership (SSP) is a cluster of secondary schools and colleges with their respective feeder primary schools.
We work with the North West Leicestershire School Sports Partnership to develop a number of key initiatives to get young people active in sport.
Developing school and club links is the key stone to a lifelong participation in sport and the NWLSSP has a thriving relationship with many local clubs.
We believe all our residents should have the same access to sport, leisure and recreational opportunities.
We work with Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport to change the culture and structure of sport - to make sure is it accessible to all members of our society whatever their ablity. If you are looking for local, regional or national disabled sports events give the Disability Sports Events website a visit. And see what we have to offer.
Last updated: Fri 19 July, 2019 @ 17:18