Where to get help

If you are struggling with your mental health right now and would like someone to listen, you can call the Samaritans on 116 123. You can also contact your local GP surgery to book an appointment to see if you can get support from the NHS.

If you have nowhere to live, need to move on from where you are currently staying or if you are struggling to maintain your current accomodation because of your mental health difficulties then please contact the Housing Choices Team. We may be able to help find you specialist supported accomodation or put you in touch with services that will help you manage better in your current accomodation. Contact the Team on freephone 0800 952 0079.

There are also a number of agencies locally that can provide support for people experiencing mental health difficulties:

  • ReThink (www.rethink.org) offer expert, accredited advice and information to anyone affected by mental health problems on everything from treatment and care, to benefits and employment rights. 
  • Mind (www.mind.org.uk) offer support, information, and confidential help about mental health related law.   
  • Turning Point (www.turning-point.co.uk) offer individual support for mental health concerns, learning disabilities, drug or alcohol issues and have local offices.
  • First Contact Plus (www.firstcontactplus.org.uk) is a service run by Leicestershire County Council that can provide referrals to various local mental health services including the talking therapy service Let's Talk Wellbeing.

Last updated: Tue 21 March, 2023 @ 09:10