Housing advice for people leaving prison or detention

If you are leaving prison the prison service have a “duty to refer.”  This means that if they believe you are going to become homeless they should ask you if you wish to be referred to a local authority. If you wish to be referred to North West Leicestershire then you should ask them to make a referral by using the following link.


If you need additional support there are local services available to help. The Bridge East Midlands are based in Loughborough and provide a service which supports people with an offending history who are at risk of rough sleeping.  More details are available here https://www.thebridge-eastmidlands.org.uk/services/homelessness-transitions-for-offenders-service

Information about Leicestershire Youth Offending Service can be found here https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/popular-now/directories/information-and-support-directory/leicestershire-youth-offending-service

Last updated: Tue 21 March, 2023 @ 09:18