Climate Emergency Declaration and Zero Carbon Roadmap
On 25 June 2019, we declared a Climate Emergency and appointed specialist environmental consultants to help develop our response to the need to reduce the council’s and the district’s carbon emissions.
This resulted in the publication of our Zero Carbon Roadmap in November 2019 which, along with the accompanying Action Plan, was adopted by the council on 31 March 2020. The Action Plan focuses on carbon emissions, their sources and how to reduce them and identifies recommended actions to achieve Net Zero Carbon status.
Our targets are to achieve a Net Zero Carbon Council by 2030 and a Net Zero Carbon District by 2050.
Year two achievements
Below is a summary of our year two achievements on our Zero Carbon journey, along with an insight into future activities which will be reflected in the council’s delivery plan.
Zero Carbon year two achievements (PDF Document, 0.79 Mb)
Zero Carbon Grants
As part of the council's Zero Carbon commitment, we are offering Zero Carbon Grants of £50 to £500 each for environmentally-focused community projects across the district of North West Leicestershire.
- NWLDC Zero Carbon Roadmap - Executive Summary (PDF Document, 1.5 Mb)
- NWLDC Zero Carbon Roadmap - Full Report (PDF Document, 3.77 Mb)
- NWLDC Zero Carbon Roadmap - Action Plan (PDF Document, 0.96 Mb)
- Zero Carbon Application Form (PDF Document, 0.37 Mb)
- Zero Carbon year two achievements (PDF Document, 0.79 Mb)
- Zero Carbon year one achievements (PDF Document, 0.88 Mb)
Last updated: Fri 23 September, 2022 @ 12:02