Solar Together Leicestershire - buying solar panels and battery storage made easy
The Summer 2022 scheme has now closed.
You can still register your interest for future schemes on the Solar Together link below.
Having your own solar panels and battery storage to power your home with clean energy can be a smart investment. We are pleased to be working in partnership with councils across the county, together with iChoosr Ltd, to offer you the chance to generate your own clean electricity.
By installing solar panels and producing renewable electricity for your home or business, you will be playing your part to help us achieve our zero carbon roadmap ambition of a net zero carbon district by 2050.
What is Solar Together Leicestershire?
Solar Together Leicestershire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Leicestershire households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
If you already have solar panels installed, you can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
Solar PV installations are considered a 'permitted development' and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required.
Who can participate?
All residents living in North West Leicestershire who own their own home, or tenants with permission from their landlord, can take part in the scheme. Small and medium-sized enterprises (non-domestic) and Commonhold Associations meeting these requirements can participate as well.
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register before 14 June 2022 for free and without obligation at solartogether.co.uk/North-West-Leicestershire. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 14 June, where iChoosr pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
3. Personal recommendation: from 4 July, you will be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have 6 weeks to decide and will be invited to an information session.
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed 6 months after you accept.
You can find out more and register today at solartogether.co.uk/North-West-Leicestershire or call 0800 048 8362 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm).
IChoosr receive a referral fee from installers for each completed installation which is used to run the scheme. A proportion of this is shared with participating councils to cover the costs of the direct mail and administration for current and future schemes within their area
Last updated: Mon 19 December, 2022 @ 15:28