Housing Oficers will visit their "patches" throughout the year, but will have formal "Inspections" at identified periods to ensure they pick up any issues that require remedial action. You can contact and join in the Inspection with your Housing Officer
Current Schedule (Last Updated 12 July 2022)
|Area Inspecting||Housing Officer||Date of Inspection|
|Ibstock - Brookside, Deepdale, Springfield and Chapel Street||Diane Flanagan||12 July 2022 @ 11:30am|
|Ashby - Ridgway Estate||Kylie Orwin||13 July 2022 @ 10:00am|
|Coalville - Avenue Road and Broughton Street||Diane Flanagan||14 July 2022 @ 10:30am|
|Greenhill - Cropston Drive to Northfield Drive||Donna Wilton||20 July 2022 @ 9:00am|
|Ibstock - Sunnyside, West Walk and Central Avenue||Diane Flanagan||22 July 2022 @ 10:00am|
|Greenhill - Cropston Drive to Bradgate Drive||Donna Wilton||27 July 2022 @ 9:00am|
|Villages - Heather, Swepstone, Snarestone, Newton Burgoland||Diane Flanagan||27 July 2022 @ 10:00am|
|Ashby - Pithiviers Close||Kylie Orwin||27 July 2022 @ 1:00pm|
Parking on the Pavement
Illegally parked vehicles cost the Council thousands of pounds a year in damage to paving and grass verges, and can cause serious problems for blind or visually impaired, disabled or older people.
Waiting restrictions cover the highway from the centre of the highway to back of footpath.
If there are no waiting restrictions on the highway adjacent to the pavement, then the Council have no powers to take action and this should be taken up with the Police since it constitutes obstruction.
You must not:
- Park on your garden without having written consent from the Council and an approved hardstanding, and access or dropped kerb; Approval means permission from the Council, the Highways Agency and planning consent (where required)
- Dismantle, carry out major repairs ,or leave any such vehicle in a state of disrepair or dilapidation on your property or any shared area without our specific permission. This permission may be withdrawn where it becomes apparent that it is causing a nuisance or annoyance and/or hazard to others. Any vehicle parked on a hard standing area must have a valid tax disc or statutory off-road notice (SORN), if required)
- Park on grass verges, other landscaped areas or use estate car parks for any purpose other than parking
- Obstruct access to any other property or service road, or block access for vehicles by the parking of any vehicles by you, your lodgers or visitors
North West Leicestershire has a number of garages and garage sites which are available for residents to rent. There may be a waiting list and they are allocated to tenants in the first instance, followed by other residents. In order to apply, please complete a garage application form which can be obtained from the Housing Office either by post or in person, or download a copy of the form below.For further information, please contact the Housing Office.
How do I terminate the tenancy of a garage or site?
You must give one weeks notice in writing that you want to end your tenancy. This will start on a Monday and end on a Sunday.
You can give us notice by writing to us, or by filling in the Tenancy Termination form which you can obtain from the Housing Office either by post or in person.
- Garage Application Form (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 12 July, 2022 @ 11:27