LEAP is a free 10-week weight management group run by NHS Leicestershire Nutrition and Dietetics Service (LNDS)
The aim of the programme is to help you lose weight sensibly - and then keep it off by learning about eating well and taking part in more physical activity.
Courses are held at various venues across the county and each session comprises of:
- 90 minutes talk about nutrition
- 60 minutes exercise (might consist of walking, gym session, simple circuit, tai chi or pilates)
- Weekly weighing is optional and done away from the other group members.
Before you start on the programme you will be invited to a 60 minute assessment appointment with a dietitian where:
- You will ask if you can be weighed and have your waist measured
- We will talk about the kinds of foods you eat
- The dietitian will help you to make some initial goals to aim for.
North West Leicestershire's LEAP sessions are on a Wednesday at Hugglescote Community Centre and Chris Chuch.
See the Exercise Referral Leaflet for info on sessions
For more information about LEAP, call NHS dietetics service on 0116 222 7154
Last updated: Mon 22 July, 2019 @ 11:18