Movement to help you keep active
Our Easymovers classes provide participants the opportunity to take part low to moderate intensity group exercise that will help them to stay active, strong and healthy.
You can see the classes we currently have below or by downloading our poster here for yourself, and to share: coming soon
- Moira Village Hall - Monday's 10am-11am £3 per session
- Wakefield Court, Castle Donington (Sheltered accommodation) - Monday's 1pm-2pm Free session
- The Spital Pavilion, Castle Donington - Monday’s 2pm-3pm £3.75 per session - paid to Castle Donington Volunteer Centre
- Hugglescote Community Centre - Tuesday's 10am-11am £2 per session
- Measham Leisure Centre - Tuesday's 11.30am-12.30pm £3 per session
- Charles Booth Centre, Thringstone - Tuesday's, 1.30pm-2.30pm £3 per session
- Marlborough Square Methodist Church, Coalville - Wednesday’s 11am-12noon £3.50 per session
- Castle Donington Methodist Church - Thursday 10.30am-11.30am £3 per session
- Ibstock Palace Community Centre - Friday 11.45am-12.45pm £3 per session
- Hood Court, Ashby (Sheltered accommodation) - Friday's 1pm-2pm Free session
- Brown Court, Ashby (Sheltered accommodation) - Friday’s 2.15pm-3.15pm £3 per session
Why not watch a video of our Measham Leisure Centre class on our Youtube channel so you know what to expect in our classes.
Why should you take part
It is an important part of the ageing process to try and stay as fit, strong and healthy as you can, and the Chief Medical Officer recommends that adults and older adults do 2.5 hours physical activity each week, as well as performing exercise that improves strength and balance on two days of the week (UK Chief Medical Officers’ Guidelines 2011).
These low to moderate intensity easymovers classes therefore provide the ideal opportunity for participants to develop increased flexibility, strength and balance, which all help to promote prolonged independence.
Our easymovers classes are suitable for people looking to start taking part in physical activity for the first time in a while, recovering from an injury, suffering with a long-term illness, health problem or impairment, or looking to develop some strength and balance to reduce their risks of falling.
Our qualified instructors will tailor the content of these sessions to meet the needs of all participants attending so come along and see if it suits you.
Last updated: Mon 11 November, 2019 @ 11:46