Homeless or at risk of losing your home?
We offer advice and support for those who have become homeless or who are at risk of becoming homeless.
There are lots of reasons why you may need our help, including:
- You have nowhere to sleep tonight or no fixed address
- You have been served notice by your landlord to leave your current home
- The family or friends you have been staying with have asked you to leave
- It is unsafe for you to stay in your current home
Please contact us by telephone or complete our online form with your details and we will call you back
There is an emergency number for those who find themselves homeless outside of our opening hours
What help is available?
When you contact us we will talk to you about your current housing situation to decide what help you need.
Local Authorities have legal duties to those who are eligible for help and who are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days.
Even if we do not have a legal duty to help you find housing we will offer advice and information.
From 1 October 2018 certain named public bodies have a duty to refer users of their service who they have reason to believe are homeless or threatened with becoming homeless within 56 days.
We also accept referrals from other organisation who are working with households who need our help.
Related Documents (3)
- Temporary Accommodation Policy (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
- Rough Sleepers Severe Weather, Emergency Protocol (Swep) (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Homeless Prevention and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2019 - 2024 (PDF Document, 1.01 Mb)
Related Links (14)
- Homelessness - rough sleeping
- Homelessness and Domestic Abuse
- Homelessness and former members of the regular armed forces
- Homelessness and Mental Health Difficulties
- Homelessness and People Leaving Hospital
- Homelessness Duty to Refer
- Housing Support for Care Leavers
- Homeless - leaving prison or youth detention
- Find a Home
- Worried about repossession?
- Shelter - Advice and Information
- Request Help - online form
- Centrepoint - advice and support for young people
- Citizens Advice
Last updated: Tue 4 April, 2023 @ 14:49