Keep Safe Places have been established in busy shopping areas across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Set up in libraries, stores, Age UK shops and businesses, they provide temporary havens and offer immediate reassurances to people who are feeling vulnerable, upset, scared or distressed in town centres.
Special keep safe place stickers are on the doors of all organisations that have signed up to the scheme which has been developed by Leicestershire County Council in partnership with Age UK Leicester Shire and Rutland, the police and local community partnerships.
In North West Leicestershire, Keep Safe Places have been set up at:
- North West Leicestershire District Council Offices, Whitwick Road, Coalville
- George Smith Hub, 22 Hotel Street, Coalville
- Coalville Library, High Street, Coalville
- Hermitage FM Community Coffee Lounge, Memorial Square, Coalville
- Coalville Shopmobility, High Street, Coalville
- Marlene Reid Centre, Belvoir Road (near Marlborough Square), Coalville
- Newmarket, Marlborough Square, Coalville
- Redgate Farm Animal Sanctuary Charity Shop, 14 Belvoir Shopping Centre, Coalville
- British Heart Foundation Charity Shop, 28 Belvoir Shopping Centre, Coalville
- YMCA Charity Shop, 5-7 Belvoir Shopping Centre, Coalville
- Ashby Library, North Street, Ashby de la Zouch
- Ashby de la Zouch Town Council, Legion House, South Street, Ashby de la Zouch
- Castle Donington Community Hub, Bondgate, Castle Donington
Staff can offer basic support, including a place to sit down and contacting friends or relatives if necessary - or the emergency services if required.
View the full list of Keep Safe Places in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland together with opening times using the link below.
Get a Keep Safe Place Card
You can get a Keep Safe Card which you can write all your important information on, such as:
- your name
- contact details of someone that can be called if you're in an emergency
- your medical conditions
- details of any medication that you are taking
You should carry your Keep Safe Card with you when you're out. If you need help the emergency services or Keep Safe Place will check to see if you have a card.
You can get a Keep Safe Card from North West Leicestershire District Council.
Last updated: Wed 30 November, 2022 @ 10:17