Keep Safe Places have been established in busy shopping areas across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Set up in libraries, stores, Age UK shops and businesses, they provide temporary havens and offer immediate reassurances to people who are feeling vulnerable, upset, scared or distressed in town centres.
Special keep safe place stickers are on the doors of all organisations that have signed up to the scheme which has been developed by Leicestershire County Council in partnership with Age UK Leicester Shire and Rutland, the police and local community partnerships.
In North West Leicestershire, Keep Safe Places have been set up in Ashby and Coalville libraries as well as at:
- Ashby Tourist Information Centre.
- North West Leicestershire District Council Offices, Whitwick Road, Coalville.
- Hermitage FM Community Coffee Lounge, Memorial Square, Coalville.
- Coalville Shopmobility, High Street, Coalville.
- Marlene Reid Centre, Belvoir Road (near Marlborough Square), Coalville.
- Castle Donington Community Hub, 101 Bondgate, Castle Donington, DE74 2NH.
Staff can offer basic support, including a place to sit down and contacting friends or relatives if necessary - or the emergency services if required.
View the full list of Keep Safe Places in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland using the link below.
Last updated: Tue 5 May, 2020 @ 17:00