MONEYHILL, ASHBY DE LA ZOUCH
Land north of Ashby de la Zouch (referred to as Moneyhill) is allocated in the North West Leicestershire Local Plan for housing and employment uses.
The plan below (a larger version of which can be seen on the Local Plan - Ashby Inset Map (PDF Document, 3.56 Mb)) shows the land that is proposed for development (hatched in brown - housing, and hatched in purple - employment) and it also shows land immediately north of Nottingham Road which already has planning permission for 605 dwellings (solid brown).
- H1b - land that already has planning permission for 605 homes.
- H3a and Ec2 (1) - land that requires planning permission and is allocated in the Local Plan as housing (brown hatch) and employment (purple hatch) land.
Developing H3a and Ec2(1)
Our Local Plan requires a masterplan for this proposed development on H3a and Ec2(1). It must show:
- A range of land uses (including residential, employment and commercial uses, green infrastructure and open spaces, pedestrian and cycle links within and beyond the site and community facilities)
- Their relationship to each other and existing development in the vicinity of the site
- What measures will be put in place to protect amenity of existing residential areas.
The site promoter has been working with the district council and a range of other stakeholders to develop a masterplan which shows how it is envisaged that the site would be developed. This includes around 1,400 new homes and 16 hectares of employment land.
The masterplan can be downloaded here: Moneyhill Masterplan (PDF Document, 1.15 Mb).
Consultation to date
The masterplan has been in preparation since 2016 and was the subject of extensive dialogues with key consultees. A series of workshops were also undertaken which covered the following topic areas:
- Workshop 1 – Planning, Highways and Design 11 Aug 2016
- Workshop 2 - Housing, Education, Employment, Community Infrastructure and Leisure 18 August 2016
- Workshop 3 - Environment and other matters 8 September 2016
- Workshop 4 - Heritage 23 September 2016
The workshops were attended by a range of organisations including:
- North West Leicestershire District Council – Planning, Leisure
- Leicestershire County Council – Highways, Education, Archaeology, Lead Flood Authority
- Highways England
- Severn Trent Water
- Historic England
- National Forest Company
- Ashby de la Zouch Town Council
- Miller Homes
- Taylor Wimpey
- Iceni, Buro Happold, NT Associates landscape, Cogent Land – on behalf of development consortium
We also undertook a period of consultation between 1 July and 12 August 2019 inviting views on the masterplan from local residents, businesses and stakeholders.
Once we have analysed the consultation responses
We will take your feedback and use it in our decision making process when considering the masterplan. We will update this page at each stage.
Last updated: Tue 27 August, 2019 @ 14:00